A HAUL of jewellery was stolen after burglars targeted an address in Northwood.
The burglary took place in Grove Farm Park, between 7pm and 7.40pm on Wednesday, March 3.
Residents returned home to find one or more offenders had broken in through a patio door and stolen a number of items, including:
* A jewellery pouch containing a pair of gold earrings, a pendant and a ring, all with green and white gems in diamond shapes.
* A jewellery pouch containing a pair of gold earrings, a gold pendant and a ring, all with matching ruby and white gems in flower shapes.
* A jewellery pouch containing a pair of gold earrings and a ring, both turquoise and leaf-shaped.
* A jewellery pouch containing a pair of gold earrings, a gold pendant and a ring, all with pearl gems in a small round design and a pearl in the centre.
* A lady’s silver and gold watch with a rectangular-shaped face.
* A man’s plain wedding ring with the letter ‘A’ on a square base.
* An artificial gold bangle with a turquoise and maroon painted design.
* An artificial silver ring with a diamond-shaped stone.
Investigator Julie Fewings said: "We are appealing for anyone who was in the area at the time and might have seen anything to come forward.
"We are also asking people to be extra vigilant should they see these items for sale anywhere or be offered them.
"There have been two similar incidents in the south Watford area in the past month, where homes have been targeted after people have moved to care homes.
"We would encourage families and friends in these cases to make sure homes are left securely locked and valuable property is either kept locked away or removed from the property."
Anyone with any information on this crime should ring Julie Fewings on 0845 33 00 222.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.