A cigarette is believed to be the cause of a fire on a balcony in Acton .
Investigators think the cigarette was dropped from a flat above and landed on a balcony on the seventh floor in Park Road East yesterday afternoon (May 26).
No injuries were reported and fortunately the fire did not spread beyond the balcony.
The London Fire Brigade was called at 4pm and the flames were under control in 25 minutes.
A spokesperson for the London Fire Brigade said: “If you smoke, it’s so important to ensure your cigarette is disposed of carefully.
“It’s really dangerous to throw cigarettes off balconies, and as we’ve seen here they can easily start fires.
“Make sure your cigarette is fully out and use a proper ashtray that won’t burn or tip over easily, and never leave your lit cigarette unattended.”
Fire crews from Ealing, Acton, North Kensington and Park Royal fire stations attended the incident.