Many of us are dedicated to our Christmas advert calendars of chocolates or shots of dram for the more adventurous brits but how can we add a positive and productive twist to the Christmas countdown?
The challenge is simple, from now till Christmas challenge yourself to do just one thing everyday to improve your lifestyle specifically to be more active and eat healthier (or ideally add a challenge each day and maintain them until Christmas day). And that’s it really let’s see if actions really do speak louder than words.
Here are some examples below (do things which you don’t usually do and challenge yourself)
- Eat a portion of fruit instead of an unhealthy snack
- Try new fruits & vegetables
- Get off a bus stop earlier or walk instead of driving short distances
- When possible take the stairs instead of the escalator
- Make a smoothie with 2-3 half portions of fruit
- Swap a fizzy drink for a fruit juice (make sure it counts to 1 of your 5 a day)
- Don’t skip breakfast
- Park your car further than usual during supermarket or Christmas shopping trips
- For every beer/glass of wine you have drink the equivalent in water to keep you hydrated
- Use the juice of lemon or lime instead of sauces to flavour foods like chips
- If its too cold to go outside put on a exercise DVD or follow a workout online
-Pass on the cream and order a skinny coffee if the Christmas hot drinks are tempting
Make up some of your own and try to be creative as possible, its also a great way to get kids involved with the Christmas fun.
- Do 10 starjumps every time you see a Christmas related advert on tv
- For every gift you order online this month walk 1 mile
- For every Christmas card you receive walk up and down the stairs twice
Take part and challenge yourself its Christmas after all. Share some of your challenges and let us know how you get on via facebook: www.facebook.com/PositiveHealthyLifestyle or email us: email@example.com