As Half Term approaches I know, from my client base, that this can be a difficult time for people to keep up with their exercise regime as, invariably, it is a great opportunity to spend time with the family.
Personally, myself, my wife and our three year old little girl are heading to the New Forest and I cant wait to put on my running shoes and enjoy some fresh Forest air instead of the London smog!
It's , obviously, great to spend time with the family during the coming week but that doesn't mean you can't do some exercise at the same time so here are my 5 top tips to keep fit at half term:
1. Get out with the children; walk, run, kick a ball around-just be active all day!
2. In the morning all go out for a walk, dressed in your exercise gear and one of you jogs/runs round the park/field whilst one of you stays with the children then swap over and repeat as many times as necessary!
3. If you are in a hotel with a gym or pool, apply the same theory; one of you swims/works-out whilst the other stays with the children and then swap over. This also means you both get a bit of "me time"
4. There are many conditioning exercises that can be done in a small room eg 10 x Press Ups, 10 x Squats, 10 x Lunges, 20 x Crunches 3-5 times round. This will only take 10-15mins. Check out our YouTube Channel where you can view short videos on how to perform all these exercise.
5. If you are away in the countryside go on hilly walks, if you are near the sea go for long walks on the beach and feel the wind in your hair!
If you are staying at home and have the children on your own during the week, maybe try my suggestions out at the weekends? So, whatever you are doing this Half Term enjoy it, be as active and as healthy as possible!