From Oyster Card troubles to an abundance of fried chicken at lunchtimes to school trips to the Houses of Parliament; growing up in London is unlike any other childhood.
Using the hashtag #GrowingUpInLondon, some Twitter users have been recording the important life lessons they learnt from growing up in our country's capital city.
Here are the best pearls of wisdom Londoners had to share about their childhoods in the city:
1. To always get to the bus stop early...
2. Always remember your Oyster card
3. Never take our transport system for granted
4. That west, east, north and south London all have their stereotypes
5. To keep up with the latest trends
6. Learning about inflation from an early age
7. Never talk to strangers
8. Stay away from the tourist traps!
9. Always enjoy the local delicacies
10. A bus driver will never wait for you
What do you remember about growing up in London? Tweet your suggestions to @getwestlondonem.