Firefighters rescued a parrot from a house fire earlier this afternoon (Tuesday).
The bird, a macaw, was taken to safety in his cage after fire broke out at the two-floor property in Pinkwell Lane, Hayes. Part of the ground floor was damaged.
Five people left the house as the blaze took hold, and were unharmed.
@LondonFire tweeted: "We saved a macaw from becoming an #exparrot after fire crews rescued it from a house fire on Pinkwell Lane in Hayes this afternoon #python"
It was believed to have been caused by cooking being left unattended.
Hayes Watch Manager Glen Corrigan, who was at the scene, said: "Five people did the right thing and quickly got out of the smoke filled house and dialled 999. We found the macaw parrot in a large cage at the back of the house and wheeled it out into the fresh air.
"Around 60 per cent of all fires in the home start in the kitchen, which is why it is so important to be careful when cooking. You should never leave your cooking unattended, and you should not leave home at any point when you have got something in the oven or on a stove."
The London Fire Brigade was called at 12.09pm, and the blaze was under control by 12.38pm.
The U4 bus was on divert for a short time.
Two crews, from Hillingdon and Hayes stations, attended.
Are you the home/parrot owner? Get in touch. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the newsdesk on 01895 451 060.