A game-show style obstacle course is coming to London, inspired by the 90s hit TV show Gladiators.
Runners in The Gauntlet Games will face giant foamy slides, bouncing inflatables and more than 20 Gladiators in a series of 5km and 10km races.
People of all ages (above 17) and abilities are encouraged to take part, and there's the option to support partner charities by getting sponsored.
So, before you throw yourself down an inflatable slide into the path of a Wolf lookalike, here's everything you need to know ahead of the event in June.
Contestants ready? Gladiators ready? Three, two, one....
What are the obstacles?
There are 20 obstacles to tackle, including:
- Life’s a Beach (Ball): A giant bouncy ball pit with hidden Gladiator
- Monkey Business: Monkey bars over water
- Swing and Smash: Grab a rope and swing onto a giant airbag
- Belly Slide: A giant foam slide
- Water Wipeout Zone: A series of floating obstacles including slides, stepping stones and balance beams
- Flume of Doom: A giant waterslide
- The Gauntlet: An inflatable runway with three Gladiators to dodge before racing through the finish line in style
When is it?
Saturday, June 24
Where is it?
It’s a five minutes walk from the Piccadilly Line at Cockfosters.
Who can take part?
Everyone over the age of 17 is invited to take part in the race. People of all abilities, shapes and sizes are more than welcome to give the course a go.
Ticket prices start at £36 each.
Group discounts are available: A team of 10 people or more receives a 10% discount.
How can I register?
Participants can sign up on the Gauntlet Games website here.