Are you a gin lover? getwestlondon was invited to celebrate World Gin Day aboard the London Eye as it launched its new Gordon's Gin and Schweppes Experience.
Those on board will get to know a little bit about the history behind the infamous brand, as well as enjoy the beautiful sights from the capsule.
Coca-Cola London Eye spokesperson Lauren Mitcham said: “In this milestone year for her Majesty the Queen we wanted to raise a glass to our most famous neighbour by devising an experience around Gordon’s and Schweppes, which have received the stamp of approval as Royal Warrant holders."
If you are on the look out for the city's best gin spots each time June 11 comes round, add this to your list.
Here are seven reasons why you'll have a great evening at the Experience.
1. The view from the top is one of the most incredible spots to have a drink
On a clear summer's day, you can even see as far as Windsor Castle according to a London Eye spokesperson. Watch all of London's iconic views slowly come in to view as you go higher.
2. Gordon's gin prides itself on being associated with London - after all, it did begin in this city!
The dry gin first produced in 1769 by an Alexander Gordons and has remained loyal to London ever since. He opened a distillery around Southwark before moving to the Clerkenwell area which was known for its crystal clean water.
3. Although its official opening day was World Gin Day, it's opened to celebrate the Queen's 90th Birthday
The collaboration has come about to commemorate Her Royal Highness' 90th birthday
4. You can enjoy glasses of Gordon's whilst being talked through tasting notes of Gordon’s Gin's history - and a little bit about Schweppes too
Did you know Gordon's was awarded its first Royal Warrant by King George V? Neither did we - and there's plenty more to find out about gin which will surprise you
5. Savoury nibbles will be served as accompaniments to the experience. We've tried and tested them. We couldn't stop
Nuts, crisps, assortments of nibbles to pick at - it's the perfect combination with the drinks
6. It's an hour-long DOUBLE rotation, so you can enjoy the scene for much longer than usual
In case you didn't get to ask your questions about gin, or didn't get a chance to soak up the glorious sunset views, there's another round. Those on the experience stay in the pod for as second turning
7. There are several different garnish options you can try with your gin, so you can step away from your time on board the Eye feeling more knowledgeable about gin than before
Mint leaves, fresh grapefruit, lime and cucumber are just some of the things you can add to your gin and see if you can give a twist to the refreshing drink
Tickets available online from £39.95 from www.Londoneye.com/Royal