Just days after the release of FIFA 17, excitement is now ramping up among west London gamers for the forthcoming Football Manager video game.
At this time of year, we are truly spoiled on the video game front.
Scores of Chelsea, Brentford, Fulham, QPR, AFC Wimbledon and Barnet fans will have the upcoming strategy game on their Christmas wishlists.
Developed by Sports Interactive and published by Sega, the hugely addictive series is set for its 13th instalment.
Here, we guide you through all the key things you need to know ahead of FM17's release, including prices and new features.
When is it out?
Available on PC, Mac and Linux, Football Manager 2017 will be released on November 4 this year.
If you can’t wait that long, you can pre-purchase the game from a participating digital retailer and you can start your next managerial campaign at least two weeks before the full release with the free early-access Beta.
Careers started in the Beta mode can be continued in the full game in due course.
There’s also some free downloadable content for the Touch edition on mobile, including “Board Override,” “No firing” and “All Job Applications” stipulations.
How much will it cost?
Football Manager 2017 is being touted for a £28-35 retail price and can also be bought via download from Steam.
What are the new features?
Football Manager supremo Miles Jacobson released a video on Friday detailing a comprehensive rundown of the game's new features.
But here are some of the most exciting developments...
- The game's graphics will look a lot more realistic. They've changed the way the players move, think and even how the grass looks.
- The referees will now use vanishing spray and you can see players coming out of tunnel, warming up and shaking hands.
- The game's makers have introduced an all-new social feed tab so you can interact with fans, other clubs and players on Twitter
- Your email inbox will feature dynamic images so you can see everything that's going on
Transfers & contacts
- You can now have pre-contract conversations with agents/players to persuade them to join your club
- You can your own face to the game's manager avatar
You can add data analysts and sport scientists to your backroom staff
Where can I pre-order or buy the game?
You can already pre-order your copy of Football Manager 17 here.
Alternatively, some retailers are already stocking the game and we have rounded up some of the best deals below: