Chelsea's season is all but over after a disastrous last week which saw them knocked out of both the Champions League and the FA Cup.
The Blues were sent crashing out of Europe by Paris Saint-Germain before Roberto Martinez's Everton edged the Blues out of the domestic cup at the quarter-final stage.
The result leaves Guus Hiddink facing a trophyless season at Stamford Bridge and Blues fans will be eagerly awaiting the summer's rebuilding project under a new manager.
We'll bring you all the latest team news and gossip from Cobham as it breaks at the club's training ground in Surrey.
That's all folks!
Thanks for staying with us.
The Blues boss has ended the broadcast section of the press conference and moves on to talk to the papers.
Hiddink’s men will be up against it tomorrow at Stamford Bridge as Bilic’s charges seek to share some of the Leicester limelight and cause an upset.
As we wait for that game, however, here are the key points from today’s conference.
- Eden Hazard joins Diego Costa on the sideline for West Ham
- Hiddink admires Bilic and knows Chelsea will need to scrap for points
- The Dutch coach believes the FA looked for a reason to ban Costa after his previous disciplinary record in England
- With the season over, Hiddink is more likely to give youth and fringe players an opportunity to impress
Hiddink lavishes praise on West Ham's coach
Hiddink will meet with Slaven Bilic on Saturday for the umpteenth time, and the Blues coach says he has the world of respect for his counterpart.
Plaudits and fans alike have pointed to the quality of Dimitri Payet as West Ham have stormed up the Premier League table.
But the Dutchman insists it is Bilic’s ability to push the player’s of lesser quality to fulfil their potential which he has respect for.
He said: “It’s not just the showcase players, it’s how he organises the lesser known players. It can make a difference.
“Statistics like those (West Ham’s poor Stamford Bridge record) don’t mean a lot.
“They are in a mood now, they are in a cup, they were unlucky not to get the away win at Manchester.
“That means that they are in a mood - statistics don’t mean much to me”
Hiddink respects Slaven Bilic
The Chelsea and West Ham bosses have both encountered each other several times down the years, with Bilic managing Croatia and Hiddink a plethora of international sides.
And the Blues boss was more than happy to admit that the duo are on good terms.
He added: “A very stable, very consistent manager. We have had some encounters on international level and on club level.
“He is a very stable, very driven coach which I know him already for many years - though we don’t talk every week or month.
“There’s mutual respect, we don’t just say that, we talk when we meet. Being young, he’s already done many good things.”
Hazard and Diego Costa both ruled OUT of West Ham clash
Chelsea will need to be at their best tomorrow to defend their Stamford Bridge record against the Hammers.
But the Dutch coach has been dealt a blow with injuries to Costa (who is also suspended) and Eden Hazard.
Hiddink said: “As it was before the cup games, a bit in the tendon.
“Eden is the same, a tendon in the muscle, from his upper thigh. He will be out tomorrow, he won’t play.
“He still has this discomfort in this area.
“It will be good for him to rest (after not being selected for Belgium) when he starts in the Euro with better physical fitness.”
Guus WILL give youth players more opportunities
The Blues have nothing really left to play for other than Premier League pride after their Champions League and FA Cup campaigns came to an abrupt end last week.
With no realistic hopes of Champions League football next season, the Stamford Bridge side have to just try and get as many wins on the board as possible.
And Hiddink admits that he may use the opportunity to use youth and fringe players.
He said: “Fourth is very hard. There are chances that younger players can get their opportunity, but without any guarantee from me, they need to knock on the door.”
Chelsea's forgotten strikers to get an appearance?
A question now about Chelsea’s fallen strikers Alexandre Pato and Radamel Falcao.
Both strikers had previously been rated as world-class in their career, but neither has made a significant impact at Stamford Bridge.
And Hiddink hints that they may get a show-in now that there is not much remaining of the season.
He said: “Falcao, as everyone knows, has had a very difficult time from injury. He has recovered. He is doing it - he has been training for ten days with the first team and we will see after the break if he is fully competitive. We have to wait how he reacts on the more intensive training he is now undergoing.
“You have to see when he was signed that we had a very difficult situation, the only competitive striker we had was Costa.
“Traore at the time was a very young kid, but he made in a very short time as a sub, he did well, scored some goals.
“We had also Remy in very troubled water. Falcao also. That was the reason to get Pato.
“Everyone is getting fitter - that is the law of competition.”
Hiddink likes Olympics substitute trials
Earlier news broke that FIFA will trial an additional fourth substitute at the Olympic Games in Rio later this year.
The trial will mean that nations involved can use an extra substitute if the game progresses to extra-time.
And the Dutchman, who last week advocated the trials with video technology, is fully behind this new experiment.
He said: “I like it. We are going with a group of 23 - i like to see the bench expanded to 23. You can bring in one or two youth players, you could even make a rule of it. Having extra possibilities will be perfect to think it over.
“If you can bring in 5 or 6 youth players, and the manager has to choose - you can do it.”
Hiddink ponders Conte appointment
Italy manager Antonio Conte this week announced his resignation from his nation at the end of the European Championships this year.
The news added further fuel to the fire that Conte is the next appointed man for the Chelsea hotseat.
But it was business as usual as Guus Hiddink refused to confirm or deny anything.
He said: “No, I know nothing. The club will announce any news when they are ready. He did and is doing very well.”
Fifth-placed West Ham could be favourites tomorrow
Chelsea enter Saturday’s match at Stamford Bridge lingering in tenth place, nine points behind their opponents.
West Ham are pushing for a Champions League spot as they sit fifth, just two points behind Manchester City.
And Hiddink knows the Hammers will prove a handful in tomorrow’s clash.
He said: “They are very tough. They have skilful players. They are a nice team to watch, an adventurous team.
“I expect a tough game, they are in fifth position and maybe not just dreaming of 4th position. This is a team showing very good character, but not just that, they can play. They have players who can score in any position.”
Is Diego Costa an 'idiot'?
Costa’s lack of discipline has seen him run the line of a suspension many times during his spell at Stamford Bridge.
This is the first time he has received his marching orders during his Chelsea career, however, leading to criticism from fans all over the country.
But Hiddink refuted suggestions that his striker is an ‘idiot.’
He countered: “Too strong a word. If you know the definition of an idiot, that is not him. It’s not always if you are in the very hectic situation, it’s difficult.
“Yeah, that’s why I defend him - his contribution is brilliant. I judge him fairly.”
FA 'found' a reason to ban Costa
Diego Costa was sent off last weekend in FA Cup quarter-final defeat at Everton.
The Blues striker received his marching orders for a second yellow card, for an alleged bite on Gareth Barry.
Despite the Everton midfielder denying the bite, Costa still received an extra charge by the FA, and Guus Hiddink is not pleased with the decision.
He said: “Of course he was not happy. He will see if he gets the other game as well.
“I think he was not happy with it, of course, and will it go to a third game? Yes or no. He desperately wants to play of course, he accepts he is suspended but is not happy with it.
“The kiss, or bite, whatever you mention it, Barry made a very good statement by saying what has happened or not happened in this case.
“Maybe there was a little bit searching for Costa - where can we get him? He is frustrated.”
Guus Hiddink is in the building!
The Dutchman walks out to meet the press after two consecutive ending Chelsea hopes of silverware.
How will the Blues bounce back against the high-flying Hammers, with Dimitri Payet leading the charge?
Find out all the breaking team news and updates here with us.
Five candidates for captaincy
Chelsea legend John Terry is adamant he wants to stay at Stamford Bridge despite the club’s announcement that they will not offer the 35-year-old a contract extension.
Terry has been linked with big-money contracts in the USA or China’s Super League after ruling out a move to another Premier League club.
This summer may prove to be a time of uncertainty for Chelsea, with Guus Hiddink set to be replaced as manager, alongside the departure of their captain and a squad overhaul.
He said: “I am still very hopeful. I have been there 21 years and I will never give up until it finally happens. But who knows?
“I have still got a lot to give - whether that is here or somewhere else - that is for sure.”
But if the club stick to their word and release Terry this summer, who will take over the captaincy this summer?
Chelsea have a better record in the opening stages of matches than almost any other team in the Premier League this season.
The Blues have scored seven goals in the first 15 minutes of league games, with only Bournemouth scoring more - eight.
Stoke have matched Chelsea though and have also scored seven goals in the opening 15 minutes of league games.
They’re followed jointly by Manchester City, Southampton and West Ham who have six each.
By contrast, Aston Villa, Crystal Palace and Norwich have both scored just once in the opening 15 minutes of league games.
How to turn Chelsea back into champions
Antonio Conte confirmed on Tuesday that he will leave his role as Italian head coach following the conclusion of their Euro 2016 campaign.
The Azzurri manager is itching for a return to club management after growing tired of the international setup.
Roman Abramovich is set to give him that chance by naming him Chelsea’s fifth Italian manager of the Premier League era following Gianluca Vialli, Claudio Ranieri, Carlo Ancelotti and Roberto Di Matteo.
The west London club have gone from champions to mid table mediocrity in less than 12 months, which ultimately resulted in the sacking of Jose Mourinho in December.
With the former Juventus player and manager now almost assured of a place in the Stamford Bridge dugout next season, what will he now have on his to-do list?
Vidal fuels Chelsea transfer talk
Bayern Munich star Arturo Vidal has left the door open on a move to Chelsea this summer.
Incoming Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has made the midfield general one of his top transfer targets as he looks to reshape the squad at Stamford Bridge.
Conte has already confirmed he will leave his role as Italy boss after Euro 2016 in France is expected to be named as Guus Hiddink’s replacement later this month.
He knows Vidal well from his time at Juventus after he signed the Chilean from Bayer Leverkusen in 2011 and he became a linchpin of the triple Serie A winners’ team.
Vidal signed a four-year deal in Munich last summer but re-affirmed his affection for Conte when quizzed on the possibility of moving to the Bridge.
“I have always said if I go to war I would take Conte with me,” said Vidal. “We will see what happens.”
Vidal’s former Juventus team-mates, Paul Pogba and Leonardo Bonucci, also feature prominently on Conte’s wishlist.
Italy boss Conte will step down from his role after this summer’s European Championships in France and is widely expected to replace Guus Hiddink in west London.
His impending departure was confirmed by the Italian Football Federation this morning and the 46-year-old has since signalled his intention to return to club management.
Conte has been locked in negotiations with Chelsea for several weeks and his representatives have been ironing out details with club director Marina Granovskaia.
Conte’s trusted assistants Angelo Alessio and Massimo Carrera are nailed on to join the Italian at Chelsea and could be followed by more new faces.
Scouts Mauro Sandreani and Gianluca Conte, brother of the Blues target, are candidates to help the new manager with his player recruitment.
Fitness experts Paolo Bertelli and Constantino Coratti, goalkeeping coach Gianluca Spinelli and video analyst Antonio Gagliardi are other names to have been mentioned.
GetWestLondon understands Steve Holland will remain part of any restructured setup, however former Blues player and coach Wilkins is worried for his future.
Conte closes in
Chelsea’s week has been dominated by speculation over their next manager.
Antonio Conte has confirmed he will return to club management following the announcement of his Italy departure.
Italian Football Federation president Carlo Tavecchio revealed Conte has informed him he will be stepping down from his role as boss this summer.
The 46-year-old will bow out after Euro 2016 in France and is expected to take over from Guus Hiddink at Chelsea.
A lucrative three-year deal has been agreed with the former Juventus manager and he is putting the finishing touches to his backroom team.
Conte has reacted to the announcement of his impending exit on his official Facebook page, re-affirming his commitment to Italy for the remainder of his contract.
“At this time all of our concentration is focused on the Euro where we will try with work and sacrifice to take advantage of our potential.
“Those who know me are aware that I will give everything I have. After that I feel that I must return to managing a club with the opportunity of coaching every day.
“Thank you to president Taveccchio who is by my side on a daily basis on this great adventure.”
Good afternoon everyone and welcome to our coverage of Chelsea’s press conference.
Guus Hiddink is due to sit down with the media at approximately 1.15pm to bring us up to date ahead of the West Ham game.
The Blues are reeling after crashing out of Europe at the hands of Paris Saint-Germain before Roberto Martinez’s Everton edged the Blues out of the FA Cup at the quarter-final stage.
Attention turns back to the Premier League tomorrow though with a tricky-looking match against the in-form Hammers.
Stay tuned for updates from the Blues camp as we get them.