Having snapped up two non-league rough diamonds, Brentford boss Andy Scott is now chasing some experienced pros.
With Croydon striker Moses Ademola and Bromley wing-back Sam Wood in the bag, Scott is now turning his focus as he builds a squad for next season.
And he readily admits the sort of players he is looking for, with a few hundred league games under their belt, was what he was missing after letting old heads John Mackie and Lee Thorpe leave in January.
Scott said: "We have picked up two very promising players for the future, and my priority is now very much finding some experienced lads.
"I wanted to get the non-league lads out of the way first and sort out the funding from our fans (see story p.38), clearing the way for me to then go after the experienced players who will take up the bulk of my budget and come in to do the required job.
"Yes, there was some experience missing in the side last season, which really was evident when we lost Kevin (O'Connor) and Matty (Heywood) at the same time.
"You need people who can pull a team together, and we haven't got that in the squad at the moment.
"It was my decision to let Mackie and Thorpe go, but I thought it was the right thing to do."
Scott is poised to land the first of his experienced targets this week and hopes to have it wrapped up by the weekend.
Although he would not reveal the position the player in his sights plays, he did reveal he is currently at a Championship club.
The Bees boss, who is due back in UK today after a short break in Portugal, said: "It's been business as usual out here.
"On Monday, for example, I still spoke to five or six agents and had a long chat with (his assistant) Terry Bullivant.
"There are lots of things in the pipeline, it's a case of waiting to see what develops and seeing if players have accepted what we have offered them - and it's possible we could have one wrapped up by the weekend.
"Yes, centre-back is a priority as Matty Heywood has still not agreed a new deal and we only have Karleigh Osborne to play there.
"But I also want another centre-forward as we haven't scored enough goals, a new central midfielder as the spine is so important, and a new right-winger now Ricky Shakes is off."
Shakes was one of two players Scott added to his 'leaving list' last week by not offering him a new deal, while John Mousinho was transfer-listed.
Mousinho, like fellow released player Charlie Ide, came as a surprise to many as he had been among the club's best performers in the early stages of last season before getting injured in October and having a long lay-off.
But Scott said the same applies to him that he applied to Ide.
He said: "John, like Charlie, has good potential. But with what I want to achieve next season I need players who can come in and do a job straight away.
"John has been at the club for three years and only played 50 games. He needs more first team football to develop, but won't be first choice here.
"I'm happy for players to develop here, but they need to be young lads - not ones who have been here three or four years and who we're still waiting on."
As for Shakes, who was offered an extended contract in December after signing for three months in September, Scott said he worked hard but needed more end product.
Scott added: "Ricky did a job and filled the position for us, and he's a great lad to have around.
"But he needs to get more crosses in and didn't score enough goals.
"He will go on to do a good job for somebody, but there's no room for sentiment here."