These rules are the conditions of entry to all Competitions conducted in or through the newspapers or other publications of Trinity Mirror plc and its subsidiaries(TM) and on or through TM websites. They apply together with but override any additional rules published in connection with any one Competition. Entry into any Competition is conditional upon and confirms acceptance of these Rules. In these Rules, Competition(s) includes games, promotions and the like and Editor or Editors means the editor(s) from time to time of the newspaper(s) and/or other publication(s) or websites through which a Competition is conducted.
1. Entry to any Competition may only be made in accordance with the specified instructions for entry published in print or online in conjunction with the Competition.
2. Unless otherwise stated, entrants may make as many entries to a Competition as they wish and, where permitted, entries may be made on photocopies of any original entry form.
3. Where postal entries are permitted only those carrying correct postage will be accepted and they must arrive no later than first post on the published closing date for the Competition. Entries received after this time and entries delivered by hand will not be accepted. Proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of delivery and no responsibility will be accepted for entries lost,delayed or mislaid.
4. In the case of entry by means other than post, no responsibility or liability will be accepted for entries which are not received or are lost in transmission for any reason. Proof of sending or transmission will not be accepted as proof of entry. Corrupted, damaged, unintelligible, inaudible or incomplete entries will be invalid.
5. Employees of TM, their agents or their families may not enter any Competition. Employees of any non TM party involved with the running of a particular Competition, their agents or their families may not enter that Competition. The Editors decision as to the eligibility of non TM parties will be final.
6. In pay-to-enter Competitions each entry must be accompanied by the appropriate entry fee paid in accordance with the instructions published in conjunction with each Competition. In the absence of any specific instruction payment maybe made only by bank or building society cheque or postal order.
7. All entries, photographs, and other material submitted as part of a Competition entry shall become the property of TM and in submitting such material the entrant grants TM a licence to reproduce it. TM has the right to publish such material in whole or in part or use it in any way without the permission of the entrant or payment for such use but subject always to the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998.
8. Unless otherwise stated, TM accepts no responsibility for the return of entries, photographs or other personal effects or for loss or damage to such items. Where TM offers to return entries, they must be accompanied by a suitable self-addressed envelope together with the appropriate postage. Under no circumstances does TM accept responsibility for the safe return of any material or its return in an undamaged condition or any liability for loss of or damage to such material.
9. Except where it is expressly stated that all Competition entries will be examined and the prize or prizes will be awarded to the entry/ entries the judges consider to be the best or that some other mechanism will be applied,the winner will be the first correct entry randomly drawn after the Competition closes from the total entries submitted. Other prizes will be awarded in accordance with the order of priority stated in the rules of the Competition.
10. The Editors reserve the right to change the rules applicable to any Competition or to void any Competition at any time and for any reason. In the event that any Competition is so voided, all en-tries fees will be returned.
11. In the event of an error of any nature howsoever caused and whether obvious or otherwise which affects a Competition in any way, Editors reserve the right to administer the Competition as though the error had not occurred. Where Editors deem it appropriate and/or feasible TM will notify entrants of the error and correct it either through the newspapers or through any other suitable medium.
12. Where necessary in order to determine an outright winner or winners to a Competition, Editors reserve the right to request entrants to take part in an eliminating contest (or tie breaker). Where for any reason there are more winners than prizes on offer Editors reserve the right to conduct a simple draw to determine the winner or winners of the prizes.
13. Unless otherwise stated, entry to all Competitions is restricted to entrants of 18years of age or over.
14. Where competitors are required to enter in one of several age categories, their category shall be that appropriate to their age on the closing date of the Competition. An entrant is assumed to be of a certain age up to and including the day prior to his or her next birthday.
15. No correspondence can be entered into on any matters arising from any Competition.
16. Names of winners and results of Competitions will be available on receipt of are quest enclosing a stamped self-addressed envelope and may be published in the relevant newspaper(s) or publications or on websites as space permits.
17. Unless specifically stated otherwise, prizes are not transferable and no cash alternative to prizes will be offered.
18. If the winner of a Competition is unable to take up a prize for any reason or in the event that time is of the essence and a winner cannot be contacted by TM within a reasonable period TM reserves the right to award the prize to an alternative winner, in which case the first winner chosen will not be eligible for any share of the prize whatsoever.
19. Each winner must co-operate with TMs photographers or reporters to publicise the win as TM deems appropriate.
20. Failure to comply with any of these rules may result in the disqualification of the entry. Editors reserve the right to disqualify any entry at their absolute discretion.
21. Editors decisions are final in all matters concerning a Competition. It is a condition of entry to any Competition that the entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules whether or not they are published in the relevant newspaper or publication or website and that the decisions of Editors and judges on any matter whatsoever arising out of or connected with the Competition are final.
22. Except where otherwise stated the Premium Rate Service Provider for TM Competitions is J Media UK Ltd, SW4 7BX Helpline: 0844 800 1188 (local rate)Standard national dialling rates apply to calls from within the UK otherwise international dialling rates apply.
23. A copy of these Trinity Mirror plc Standard Competition Rules (2007 Edition) maybe obtained by downloading them from any Trinity Mirror website or sending a stamped self-addressed envelope marked Standard Rules Request to PO Box 4019,London E14 5BN.
24. Photographs submitted to competitions and in paper activities such a Baby of the Year, Pet Idol, Prom or any other reader generated content will be posted on our photo sales website.
25. Copyright in all materials remains with you but by participating you grant a perpetual license to Trinity Mirror Group and all of its subsidiaries permitting publication of any and all materials submitted at any time in any manner determined by Trinity Mirror Group or any of its subsidiaries.
26. All images are accepted in good faith. All pictures remain the property of Trinity Mirror Group and will not be returned. Trinity Mirror Group will only print images it feels are suitable. Trinity Mirror Group cannot be held responsible for any misspellings or for any missing/ non-featured photographs. Trinity Mirror Group cannot be held responsible for the quality of photographic print in the newspaper.
Entry into any Competition confirms acceptance by you of these Terms and Conditions and you agree to be bound by them.
By commenting on a Facebook Timeline Comment to Win Competition post you will receive entry into prize draws for a chance to win the advertised prize.
These Competition Terms and Conditions apply to all Facebook Timeline Comment to Win Competition run by Trinity Mirror Regionals plc (“Trinity Mirror”).
1 Facebook Timeline Comment to Win Competition
1.1 The Competition is open to all UK residents who have commented on the Facebook Timeline Comment to Win Competition post.
1.2 Each Competition opens at 8pm UK local time on a Friday and closes at noon UK local time the following Thursday.
1.3 One comment equals to one entry. Multiple entries by the same person will not be counted; we will only count your first comment.
1.4 No purchase or payment is required.
1.5 There will be one (1) winner, unless more are specified in the post, who will be drawn at random and the winner will be announced on Facebook by 8pm on the Thursday evening that Coopetition closes.
1.6 The winner will be tagged on the winning Facebook past and asked to direct message the Facebook page where the winning post was made to get details on how to collect the prize. If no contact is made within ten (10) calendar days of notification, the prize(s) will be forfeited and may be awarded to (an) alternate winner(s) selected in a random draw from the remaining eligible entries.
1.7 Trinity Mirror reserves the right to extend the entry period.
1.8 Trinity Mirror will give you contact details for the prize provider but takes no responsibility for the availability of any prize.
2.1 The competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
2.2 By entering this contest, you agree to a complete release of Facebook from any or all liability in connection with this contest.
3 General prize draw terms
3.1 Entry is open to UK residents only aged 16/over, unless specified. Employees of Trinity Mirror plc and members of its group, their families, agents and anyone professionally connected with this Competition are excluded from entering.
3.2 Entries made using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices or bulk entries will be void. No responsibility is accepted for entries which are invalid, incomplete, corrupt, illegible, lost or delayed in transit, or which fail to be properly submitted. All of which will be deemed void.
3.3 Trinity Mirror reserves the right to change the rules applicable to any prize draw or to void any prize draw at any time and for any reason.
3.4 In the event of an error of any nature howsoever caused and whether obvious or otherwise which affects a prize draw in any way, Trinity Mirror reserves the right to administer the prize draw as though the error had not occurred. Where Trinity Mirror deems it appropriate and/or feasible, it will notify entrants of the error and correct it by email.
3.5 The winner(s) agree(s) to the use of their name, photograph and disclosure of their city (e.g. Newcastle) on Facebook page where the winning post was made or on the website or newspaper title associated with that Facebook page and on associated social media and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by Trinity Mirror relating to any publicity.
3.6 Failure to meet the eligibility requirements of these Terms and Condition may result in forfeiture of the prize. In which event the prize will be offered to the next eligible entrant.
3.7 Failure to comply with any of these rules may result in the disqualification of the entry. Trinity Mirror reserves the right to disqualify any entry at their absolute discretion.
3.8 No correspondence will be entered into on any matters arising from any Competiton.
3.9 Prizes are subject to the prize provider’s terms and conditions. In the event of a prize being unavailable for any reason, the prize provider reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
3.10 Prizes not transferable and there is no cash alternative.
3.12 The names of the winners will be available from Trinity Mirror Regionals plc, One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London. E14 5AP FAO Head of Social Media or on the Facebook page where the winning post was made.