New parents are opting for spring-themed names for their babies this season.
The 'blossoming' trend for unusual and unique names means 60% of parents have taken floral inspiration for their daughters' names, while the remaining 40% opted for names themed around trees.
According to the research by Emma's Diary, which polled hundreds of parents about the most popular names this spring, the top three names for girls are Willow, Daisy and Violet.
Boys trends are not as fixed, with the top 10 being made up of a mixture of traditional names and modern ones. The top spring names for boys are Owen, Maxwell and Neo.
It is possible the trend for girls' names may be inspired by celebrities like Will Smith and Pink, who both named their daughters yellow, Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin who went with Apple for their daughter and Beyonce and Jay-Z who named their daughter Blue Ivy.
Faye Mingo, marketing director at Emma’s Diary, said: “Interestingly, the results from our poll show that for girls, the seasonal theme of spring has a far greater influence on the baby naming process, than for boys.
"Choosing a name is a big decision for any parent to be but it seems that girls names take the lead in this case when it comes to the changing seasons.”
|7||Fern||Kelby/Welby (joint 7th)|
|10||Apple/Cherry (joint 10th)||Weldone|