1) Brentford's popular indoor adventure playground Snakes and Ladders reopens today after rennovation. It is at Syon Park and is open from 10am-6pm Cost Under-ones free; over-ones from £4.40 (off-peak) to £8.90 (peak); adults £2.50 (off-peak) and £1.50 (peak).
2) Go back to the wild with the kids thanks to summer nature courses in Brent. They cost £6 per child (suitable for 5- to 12-year-olds) and take place at the The Welsh Harp Environmental Education Centre, a 15-acre woodland site next to Welsh Harp Reservoir in Birchen Grove, Kingsbury. Children under eight must be accompanied by an adult. See the Brent Council's website for listings
3) Albert and Friends circus skills workshop. 10.30-3.30 at St John's UR Church, Hallowell Rd, Northwood. 01628 675800 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Runs until Friday.
4) Children can cultivate green fingers at weekly gardening workshops at Osterley Park and House during the summer holidays. The Little Seedlings gardening club is taking place at the estate's kitchen garden every Tuesday, from 12pm-4pm, until August 26.
5) Playday at Ravenscourt Park on August 6, with an exciting range of activities for all the family. Hammersmith & Fulham (H&F) Council has teamed up with JW Parnham & Son, who will be running a number of fairground rounds for free on the day. The event begins at 12 noon and finishes at 4pm. It will feature sports and games from youth organisations Rolling Base, Shooting Starz and Let Me Play.