It's the start of the meteorological summer and while that doesn't guarantee sunshine we know that London is bracing itself for a flood of tourists.
Londoners - prepare yourself for slow walkers, people asking for directions and plenty of stuffed tube rides for the next few months.
Another ubiquitous part of Summer in London is selfies. People have travelled from all corners of the earth to visit our beautiful city and they will be taking photos everywhere.
In fact research carried out in 2014 showed that more selfies are taken in London than anywhere other city in the world.
Here are some facts you probably didn't know about selfies:
- Across the world 93 million selfies are taken every single day.
- The Oxford Dictionary made 'selfie' its word of the year in 2013. That's because use of the word increased 17,000% that year compared to 2012. Also in the running that year were twerk and binge-watch.
- Use of the word selfie actually started on an Australian forum all the way back in 2002.
- Every year more people die taking selfies than die in shark attacks.
- According to research by Google, women aged 16-25 spend FIVE HOURS a week taking selfies.
- The average millennial will take 25,700 selfies in his or her lifetime.
- Celebrities Miley Cyrus and Kendall Jenner had the most 'liked' selfies in 2016.
When faced with tourists blocking your way taking pictures of themselves with only the tiny speck of a landmark in the background as you rush through the city, getwestlondon urges you to be patient.