Ealing Central and Acton MP Rupa Huq said she will attempt to raise the issue of knife crime at Prime Ministers Questions today (Wednesday November 2) after a 14-year-old boy became the latest victim of a stabbing in west London.
On Monday (October 31) the teenager was taken to hospital with non life threatening injuries after he was stabbed by an alleged masked attacker at McDonald's in The Broadway, Ealing, at around 9.30pm.
Another 16-year-old boy also suffered a minor cut to the head, but he was not taken to hospital.
Metropolitan police said today that no arrests have been made following the incident.
Speaking after the stabbing, Dr Huq said she would raise the issue of knife crime at today's PMQ's after a spate of stabbings across London and Ealing.
She added: "My thoughts and prayers are with the victim.
"We should be thankful that he has survived and not be complacent.
"We suffered riots in Ealing in 2011 and since then the borough has seen morale drop with staffing cuts.
"It’s time that this Tory government acted to stop knife crime in the capital and in Ealing becoming the norm."
Getwestlondon has gone to Metropolitan police and the Home Office for comment.
Former chancellor George Osbourne had said there would be no cuts to the police budget in his Autumn statement last year, but Home Office figures show that the government's "direct funding" for police will fall £131million between 2016/17 and 2019/20, according to The Mirror .
Current chancellor Phillip Hammond MP will release his Autumn Statement on November 23.
Dr Huq said she wants to see convicts sentenced earlier, after a boy who stabbed to death Acton teenager Usaama Ali in October 2015 was sentenced to nine years in jail in September , almost a year after the stabbing.
Witnesses close to the stabbing at McDonald's in Ealing on Monday said the attacker was a "hooded male, possibly white, wearing an Oxygen mask or breathing apparatus and green washing up gloves," between 18 and 20-years-old," according to freelance journalist Rory Thomas.
It is also alleged he was also making "sexually inappropriate comments," according to witnesses, although it is not clear who these comments were made to.
The 14-year-old boy was reportedly stabbed in the head and back, although this has not yet been confirmed, resulting in a significant loss of blood, before being wrapped up in bandages.
A spokesperson for McDonald's said: "This incident did not take place inside our restaurant.
"The pictures show the victim being treated in our store and we are relieved to hear that his injuries are not life threatening.
"We are supporting the police fully in its subsequent investigation, including the provision of our CCTV."
Keep up to date with the latest news in west London via the free getwestlondon app.
You can even set it to receive push notifications for all the breaking news in your area.