Piccadilly line staff were set to stage two 24-hour walkouts from midday on Tuesday (April 19) to midday Wednesday (April 20), and from midday Thursday (April 21) to midday Friday (April 22).
But the rail union RMT, which is locked in a dispute with London Underground (LU) bosses over alleged bullying and harassment of staff, says talks have been positive.
It has postponed those strikes, it announced on Sunday (April 17), with industrial action now pencilled in for the same days a week later should an agreement not be reached.
The union has advised affected members not to book on for any shifts between:
- Tuesday, April 26, at midday, and Wednesday, April 27, at midday
- Thursday, April 28, at midday, and Friday, April 29, at midday
The RMT issued a statement on Sunday (April 17) saying it had held constructive talks with London Underground bosses, who had agreed to "stay" disciplinary procedures which are at the heart of the dispute.
The statement said: "The above represents good progress from management over these issues and the lead officer has recommended that the strike action due to take place from Tuesday April 19 is pushed back to allow more time to hopefully come to a firm dispute resolution agreement."
Pat Hansberry, LU operations director, said: "Strike action due to take place on the Piccadilly line has now been suspended. We will continue constructive talks with the trade unions to resolve this dispute."
A 24-hour strike by Piccadilly line staff previously went ahead on March 23 and 24, causing major disruption on what is the fourth busiest line on the Underground.
Previous Underground strikes had taken place in a dispute over the planned Night Tube but the sides have resolved at least some of their differences and it is now hoped the round-the-clock weekend service could begin as early as this August.