Five people were taken to hospital after a carbon monoxide leak in an office building on Wednesday (April 27).
They were taken for precautionary checks from the building in Clifford Street in Mayfair, while a further five were treated at the scene by paramedics .
Fire crews from Soho and Lambeth attended, and were called out shortly after 5pm. Ten office workers left a basement conference room before crews arrived and firefighters evacuated a further 50 people from the four storey block.
Firefighters using specialist equipment found raised levels of carbon monoxide and carried out a sweep of the building to identify the source of the leak, which was found to be a boiler in the basement, which they isolated.
The incident was over by 7.20pm.The building was then ventilated before being handed back to the owners.
There was also a carbon monoxide leak at offices in Notting Hill earlier this month. Three people managed to escape unharmed.
The London Fire Brigade is now urging everyone to make sure they have a carbon monoxide detector in their home.
A spokesperson said: “ Carbon monoxide is a silent killer , with least 50 deaths nationally recorded every year as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning.
"Despite this, the majority of people still do not have a carbon monoxide detector in their home. It is vital that everyone has a carbon monoxide alarm in addition to smoke alarms.”
Earlier in the month firefighters were called to a suspected gas leak in White City , but it proved a false alarm.