Ealing Council is still fining motorists for breaching a Longfield Avenue turning ban after its 12-month trial period ended.
The local authority launched a six-month trial from April 18 last year banning right turns into Longfield Avenue from Uxbridge Road, and left into Uxbridge Road from Longfield Avenue.
The trial, which fines drivers £130, was then extended until May when the council said it would officially end.
However, the local authority confirmed to Getwestlondon on Wednesday (June 7) it is still fining motorists after the trial period.
In March, a council spokesman said: "This scheme was launched to improve road safety and the full results of the trial will be available on completion in May."
In an updated statement on Wednesday, a spokesman added: "The council is currently awaiting the results of the independent review and its recommendations.
"When we receive this, a final decision on the trial will be made."
By March this year the fines, reduced to £60 if paid within 14 days, had earned the Labour-run council £970,000.
It is expected the ban has now made well over £1million.
The council could not say when it would make a decision on the ban's future, but said it is likely to be in the coming weeks.
Earlier this year, motorist Phillip Emsley won his appeal against the turning ban after it was ruled at a tribunal the signs were inadequate.
Two months later, another driver won an appeal against his ban after it was ruled lighting was inadequate.
Conservative Cllr Alex Stafford, who represents the Ealing Broadway ward, said: "This was never about safety but raising a vast amount of money.
"12 months is a vast time for any trial, they knew the results almost immediately, it is not increasing safety but it is increasing money.
"It is clear what the results are saying.
"After they lost the battles in court, it shows it is a money making scheme.
"I have not been given any evidence it has increased safety."
The council would not respond to Cllr Stafford's comments due to purdah.
The ban was first introduced because the council believed it would improve safety, before charging motorists after a 10-week "grace" period.
Labour Cllr Bassam Mahfouz claimed in June last year the number of drivers caught breaking the ban had fallen to two per day.
The council then admitted this was a mistake and later apologised when exclusive figures from Getwestlondon showed 48 cars a day had been fined from July to October that year.
Keep up to date with the latest news in west London via the free getwestlondon app.
You can set up your app to see all the latest news and events from your area, plus receive push notifications for breaking news.