Scorching temperatures this June will mean Londoners can enjoy summer sun hotter than the south of France, according to weather forecasters.
Highs of 27 degrees Celsius are in store for the city on Wednesday (June 8), outstripping popular holiday destinations such as the Rhone Valley which are predicted to reach 23 degrees.
But clear skies are not supposed to last as rain is predicted for the end of the week.
A Met Office spokesperson said: "Warm sunshine developing widely during Tuesday, with a chance of a few afternoon thundery showers developing. Winds mainly light.
"Friday may become cloudier with some rain or showers later."
- Westminster terror attack: How events unfolded2:05
- Sadiq Khan said London will never be cowed by ter1:22
- Parliament shooting: Footage shows aftermath on W0:32
- Livestream of Westminster incident
- Hail, thunder and wet weather forecast for London2:12
- The secret code word for the Queens death revealed0:38
Parks across west London were filled with people enjoying BBQs, cycling and sunbathing over the weekend as the city heated up on Sunday.
If you haven't already, make sure to check out our list of best places to grab an ice cream in west London .