Two prisoners arrested this week by police investigating the murder of Uxbridge dad Redwan El-Ghaidouni have been bailed.

The men, aged 35 and 39, had been taken to central London police stations for questioning after they were arrested on Tuesday (September 13).

They were both in prison when Mr El-Ghaidouni was gunned down on February 3 2015 while sitting in a car in the driveway of a house he shared with his partner and their three children.

Police say the men, who were in separate prisons when they were arrested, have now been bailed to a date in mid-December while they continue their investigations.

A £50,000 reward remains on offer for information leading to the arrest and prosecution of the person or people responsible for the 38-year-old’s murder.

Redwan El-Ghaidouni was shot dead outside his home in February 2015

The dad-of three was shot several times by a male suspect just before 7pm in Vine Lane. The suspect ran off (see CCTV video above released by police) through an alleyway that leads to Saunders Road, turning the corner where he was caught on a CCTV camera before running in the direction of Dowding Road.

He was wearing a distinctive dark hooded top with a large logo on the front as well as dark bottoms, dark gloves and dark shoes or trainers.

CCTV also shows the suspect - again wearing the top with the large motif - in Saunders Road on numerous occasions on January 31 and February 2. It is thought these were failed attempts to shoot Mr El-Ghaidouni.

Detective Chief Inspector Noel McHugh, of the Homicide and Major Crime Command, said: “Extensive enquiries have been carried out and we have made good inroads into understanding the circumstances surrounding Redwan’s murder.

Family of Redwan El-Ghaidouni make desperate a appeal

Video thumbnail, Family appeal over Redwan murder
Video Loading

“Our investigation continues and we are still very much encouraging people to come forward.

“I would like to thank all those who have assisted us so far and I hope the large reward on offer will prompt anyone who has yet to do so to approach us in confidence.”

Officers are also still keen to hear from anyone who can identify a man seen an hour before Mr El-Ghaidouni was murdered , at about 6pm, standing on the verge by a telegraph pole at the junction of St Andrews Road and Vine Lane, opposite the victim’s house. An e-fit image has been released.

The e-fit of a man seen near Redwan El-Ghaidouni's home shortly before he was gunned down in his driveway

DCI McHugh continued: “As we’ve previously said, Redwan did have a criminal past and had been linked to drug importation.

“He had been released from prison almost seven months before his death but he had been working full-time at a car dealership and enjoying being a family man again.

“We continue to look into his background for answers about what happened but whatever the circumstances, his murder has left three young sons without a father and his long-term partner devastated.”

Four other people previously arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder have been bailed pending further enquiries. They are

  • A 41-year-old man, bailed to a date in early November
  • A 30-year-old man, bailed to a date in late September
  • A 35-year-old woman, bailed to a date in late October
  • A 36-year-old man, bailed to a date in late September

Anyone with any information can call the incident room on 020 8785 8099 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or by clicking here .