news

Greenford restaurant fire: Flats evacuated after fat fryer catches alight

Two fire engines and 10 firefighters rushed to the scene on Wednesday (September 6) morning

The fire broke out in this Greenford restaurant on Wednesday (September 6)(Image: London Fire Brigade)

Six residents had to evacuate their flats in the early hours of Wednesday (September 6) morning after a fire broke out in a Greenford restaurant.

Two fire engines and 10 firefighters rushed to the scene of the Green Bean café, in Greenford Road, after being called at 3.18am.

A resident in a neighbouring property called the London Fire Brigade after hearing a smoke alarm sounding in the restaurant.

The property, which has flats above it, suffered fire damage to part of the ground floor extension.

Six residents in flats above were assisted from the building by the Brigade using an internal staircase and no injuries were reported.

The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental and started in a fat fryer.

Fire crews from Northolt Fire Station managed to bring the restaurant blaze under control by 4.09am.

Keep up to date with the latest news in west London via the free getwestlondon app.

You can set up your app to see all the latest news and events from your area, plus receive push notifications for breaking news.

Available to download from the App Store or Google Play for Android .

View full mobile page