London's boroughs may have voted remain, but the capital was an anomaly as the UK voted to leave the European Union in an historic referendum.
Despite a huge number of remain votes from the city, the country has voted to quit the EU.
Out of the west London boroughs, only Hillingdon voted to leave the Union, with the other seven boroughs voting remain.
In the UK as a whole, Scotland and Northern Ireland overwhelmingly voted to remain.
READ MORE: West London reacts to historic Brexit vote
A record number of people voted in the capital in the "once in a generation" Brexit referendum.
The pound plunged to its lowest level since 1985 as prominent Leave campaigner Nigel Farage celebrated at the party's success at Millbank in London, gleefully saying "we've got our country back".
Watch as London's returning officer declares results
- Prama interactive fitness class launches in London4:28
- Mark Ritson and Tom Moore review Brentford's 3-1 3:46
- Woking Goldsworth Road police incident package0:35
- The Pink Floyd Exhibition: Their Mortal Remains t0:22
- QPR fan's preferred starting XI0:36
- Take a look inside The Chelsea Ram0:49
- Works are underway at the old RAF Uxbridge site0:30
West London results
|BOROUGH||REMAIN %||LEAVE %|
|Kensington & Chelsea||68.7||31.3|
|Hammersmith & Fulham||70||30|