A protest took place outside Buckingham Palace on Sunday afternoon (July 2) for baby Charlie Gard.
Dozens of people stood outside the palace gates chanting to protest various court decisions which "sided" with Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH).
Connie Yates and Chris Gard, from Bedfont, lost their final legal battle to take their son for experimental treatment in the US on Tuesday (June 27).
The parents wanted 10-month-old Charlie, who suffers from a rare genetic condition and has brain damage, to undergo a therapy trial in the US.
But GOSH specialists said the therapy was experimental and would not help.
Since then, the couple have been spending time with Charlie before his life support machine is switched off soon.
A Facebook event called "Justice For Charlie Gard Buckingham Palace Protest" advertised the event on Sunday, organised by Facebook group "Charlie's Army" which has more than 44,600 members.
The event details said: "We need to show the world how many people believe Charlie still deserves this chance. We also need to make our voices heard and the only way to do this is by getting as many people there as possible.
"This could potentially be our last chance to gather in person and display a show of strength to let the courts, GOSH, doubters and the general public know that Charlie and his family really do have an army behind them."
Dozens of people chanted "save Charlie Gard, release Charlie Gard" outside Buckingham Palace and then Downing Street from about 2pm on Sunday.
"Charlie's fight" on Twitter described the number of people there as "a lot".
The group deliberately did not protest outside GOSH so they did not disturb Charlie or other families in hospital.
Some of the protesters argued with police officers guarding the Buckingham Palace gates.
"So we cannot touch the Queen's door but you can kill a baby by taking off the ventilator," one woman shouted.
Charlie's parents, both in their 30s, had asked European court judges in Strasbourg, France, to consider their claim after judges in the High Court, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court in London ruled in favour of GOSH doctors.
But on Tuesday (June 27) the European Court of Human Rights refused to intervene.
The couple say they have been denied their final wish to be able to take their son home to die and feel "let down" following the lengthy legal battle.
Alongside a video posted on YouTube on Thursday, Charlie's parents wrote: "We are utterly heartbroken spending our last precious hours with our baby boy.
"We're not allowed to choose if our son lives and we're not allowed to choose when or where Charlie dies.
"We, and most importantly Charlie, have been massively let down throughout this whole process."
Charlie's plight has touched many people and the family received donations totalling more than £1.3 million to take him to the US for therapy.
A GOSH spokeswoman said earlier this week: "As with all of our patients, we are not able to and nor will we discuss these specific details of care.
"This is a very distressing situation for Charlie's parents and all the staff involved and our focus remains with them."
The spokeswoman added: "Together with Charlie's parents we are putting plans in place for his care, and to give them more time together as a family.
"We would ask you to give the family and our staff some space and privacy at this distressing time."
Keep up to date with the latest news in west London via the free getwestlondon app.
You can set up your app to see all the latest news and events from your area, plus receive push notifications for breaking news.