The Wembley community has been given another two weeks to voice its concerns about controversial plans to regenerate the town.
Brent Council has been forced to extend the Wembley Masterplan consultation period because people say they have not yet seen the proposals.
This is the second time the consultation period has been extended and many residents who believe their opinions are being ignored have seen this as a victory.
At a Wembley area consultative forum last Wednesday, members of Wembley Community Associa-tion (WCA) raised a number of issues, which they say have not been answered.
They are worried about the reconnection of North End Road to Bridge Road, which would open part of the pedestrianised street to traffic. The council claims this would ease traffic congestion in routes around Olympic Way.
The WCA is also questioning the whole viability of the plans in the light of the current economic conditions and the fact that one of the council's major partners in the project, Quintain Estates, said the scheme was unrealistic.
Harvey Pollins, WCA vice chairman, lambasted the council, and fears homes in North End Road will lose value if the road is opened up.
He said: "One week we are told that this is a meaningful consultation and then we find out that one of the main planks of their consultation has not taken place.
"I fear the whole exercise is a sham and that the council does not have confidence in its plan."
David Roberts, WCA spokes-man, added: "We managed to force another period of consultation out of the council. WCA will keep hounding the council on its unrealistic plans in the hope that the elected councillors will see sense and go back to the drawing board before it is too late."
The plans include a new shopping street, 3,727 new homes, visitor attractions and open spaces.
But Chris Walker, head of planning at Brent Council, said: "A few residents at the Wembley forum last week said they had not had the opportunity to view the plans yet, and to ensure they have the opportunity to comment, Brent Council has offered to take representations for a further two weeks.
"We are fully aware that contributions from the local development will not fully deliver all of the required infrastructure. We will address any shortfall with bids for additional funding to central government, the Mayor of London and other public agencies.
"The Wembley Masterplan will be delivered over the next 20 years and over more than one economic cycle.
"Brent Council is determined that it should not plan for a 20-year period with just the current credit crunch in mind."
- The consultation will end on February 15.