THERE was drama this lunchtime (Tuesday) as shoppers were evacuated from the Chimes following a fire.
Around 100 people were gathered by the front entrance to the Chimes in the High Street, Uxbridge, after security ushered everybody outside.
A small fire, believed to be caused by an electrical fault, in the H&M clothes store, set the fire alarms off at around 12.30pm.
Rubin Kavanagh, 17, said: "There was smoke in the H&M, I was right outside it, people in the shop were panicking."
Jon Clark, from Uxbridge, said: "When the alarm went off people were getting scared, they thought it was a bomb."
One bystander, who asked not be named, said: "This is costing them a lot of money in trade."
The Chimes re-opened to customers after being closed for about 25 minutes at 12.55pm.
Were you in H&M when the fire started? Call the Gazette newsdesk on 01895451030