The family of a schoolgirl who was stabbed in the head by an old woman on her way home are appealing for urgent help from the council finding a new home.
The Harker family were forced to move from their flat in Wellington Road, Bedfont, after the shocking attack in Hatton Road left 11-year-old Natalie too terrified to return home.
She was targeted by a knifewielding 70-year-old, who is still being kept at a secure mental health facility in Ealing, as she made her way home from Bedfont Junior School on June 12.
"It's horrible thinking about what happened," said Natalie, who has now moved with her family to temporary accommodation in Twickenham after having surgery on her hand and face.
In her desperation to get her daughter away from the scene of her ordeal mum Sharon Harker was forced to take up an expensive privately let house in Twickenham. But the cost is now putting serious financial strain on the 37-year-old single mum, who works as a school kitchen supervisor.
She said: "The attack took place just around the corner from our house. Afterwards she stayed with her dad for a while and we looked to the council to help us move out of the area. There was no way she could go back there.
"After what happened I just felt so angry and so guilty for not beingthere to protect her. Hounslow CID were really amazing the way they helped us but the council staff I spoke to just didn't seem to understand we weren't making a fuss - we really needed to move."
The family had already been on the council waiting list, in Band C, for over three years but were told the only council property available was one too near to their original Wellington Road home for Natalie to feel comfortable.
A council spokesman said: "Ms Harker remains on the our waiting list. However, she has no additional priority as there is no continuing danger from the person who carried out the assault. Ms Harker has moved to suitable alternative accommodation away from the location where the assault took place."