- Westminster terror attack: How events unfolded2:05
- Sadiq Khan said London will never be cowed by ter1:22
- Parliament shooting: Footage shows aftermath on W0:32
- Livestream of Westminster incident
- Hail, thunder and wet weather forecast for London2:12
- The secret code word for the Queens death revealed0:38
The London mayor and Uxbridge & South Ruislip MP tried to engage Cheryl in a light-hearted chat. But it turned into one of those awkward moments with Boris asking: “What are you up to now Cheryl? Where are you based?”
And Boris could have left it there. But, he didn't...
He said: “Why do people always say 'for my sins'? When you probably have no sins worth speaking of."
Poor Cheryl managed to keep her cool and said: “Because I work with Simon Cowell.”
“Oh I see yes, yes", answered a baffled Boris.
Seconds later, a Mirror photographer asked for a picture saying: “Put your arm round her if you like Boris.”
He quipped: “You want me to put my arm around Cheryl - that was the instruction from the Daily Mirror. I'm not going to say no.”
The pair then discussed X Factor.
Boris said: “Good luck with the X Factor - nobody has ever invited me on it.
“The X Factor is for those who have talent.”
Cheryl joked: “People who can sing or dance. I'm sure you could give it a go."
Boris replied: “You wouldn't want me on it", to which Cheryl quipped: "Honestly I think we've seen worse.”