A plumber has been charged with the manslaughter of Elouise Littlewood who was poisoned by carbon monoxide in her Bedfont home.
Paul Williamson, 51, of Chaucer House, Chaucer Gardens, Sutton, went to Holborn Police Station on Monday and was charged with her manslaughter and the unlawful wounding of her flatmate Simon Kilby, who remains in a permanent non responsive state.
The tradesman was subcontracted to carry out plumbing work at Eloise's newbuild home in Bedfont Lakes. The carbon monoxide leak occured on or about February 27 2008.
Mr Williamson was also charged with breaching regulation 26(9) of the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 and has been bailed to appear at Highbury Corner Magistrates Court on Friday May 7.
Malden Plumbing and Heating Ltd, of Bridge Parade, Waddon Road in Croydon, was also served with a summons to appear at Highbury Corner Magistrates Courier on Friday May 7 charged with breaching section 3(1) of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
Elouise died just two months after moving into the shared-ownership flat at Barratt Homes' Bedfont Lakes Development. Her home was flooded by the deadly gas due to a faulty boiler.
Elouise's mother, Sally-Anne of Little Park Drive, has since campaigned for increased awareness of the silent killer.