TWO men had to be treated by paramedics in Pinner after possibly inhaling poisonous mercury vapour.
The 'hazardous materials' incident occured in Pinner Green on Saturday at 8pm although the circumstances of the accident are not yet known.
A spokesman for London Fire Brigade said: "A quantity of mercury was spilt on the floor. Firefighters removed it and made the area safe.
"Two men were treated at the scene by London Ambulance Service and were taken to hospital as a precautionary measure."
Mercury, which is also known as quicksilver, is a metal that exists in liquid form at room temperature and is most commonly found in thermometers, barometers and other scientific instruments.