A damaged memorial plaque in the name of Jonathan Carr, founder of Bedford Park, has been cleaned up to mark the centenary of his death.
Thanks to local architects Oliver West and John Scott, and specialist repairs firm Daedalus Conservation, the plaque has now been restored at a cost of £2,000 funded by Bedford Park Society and donations from the public.
Despite constantly being strapped for cash, Carr spearheaded a worldwide architectural movement with the development of the west London estate also referred to as the world's first garden suburb, founded in 1875.
He lived in the suburb, first at Tower House, then left in 1904 to reside elsewhere in the estate until his death.
The Bedford Park Society is honouring the late Mr Carr in several ways including a talk on his life, influence and legacy on May 20, and selling personalised Carr mugs at the society's stall on Green Day, to be held at Acton Green on June 13.