Violent youths who brutally knifed two partygoers in Hanworth this summer will go unpunished unless the teenagers who were there start telling the truth.
This is the claim of Det Insp Jeff Minns, who is leading the investigation into the double stabbing. He said his officers were powerless to move the case forward until revellers from the ill-fated party on July 19 admitted exactly what they had seen.
"We've spoken to almost everyone who was there and followed up lots of enquiries but unless people start naming the people they actually saw holding knives we won't be able to charge anyone for the stabbings," said DI Minns, of Hounslow CID. "I know people are scared but they don't need to be - we can protect them."
The two victims, who are both from Feltham, were attacked after a fight broke out at a house party in Uxbridge Road. A 16-year-old girl was stabbed in the abdomen. A 21-year-old man was then stabbed in the leg and chased around the corner to Hanworth Kebab Shop, in Market Parade, before being dragged outside and stabbed a second time.
Police acted quickly after the near-tragedy, arresting a 17-year-old from Feltham and two men from east London, in following weeks.
But despite their early success they have so far been unable to charge anyone with either of the violent assaults and DI Minns said attempted murder and grievous bodily harm charges were unlikely to follow unless witnesses were prepared to name the knifemen.
This week all three suspects were rebailed until October 22 or 23.
Anyone who has information about the stabbings they have not yet shared with police should call Hounslow CID on 020 8247 6160 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE WAY THE INVESTIGATION IS GOING? COMMENT IN THE BOX BELOW