Asbestos fears in Hammersmith have increased, after it was revealed there were four safety incidents within three months, on a H&F Homes estate.
Inhaling asbestos fibres can cause cancer and the deadly lung disease asbestosis, which develops up to 50 years later.
Last week, a resident told us that in April 2008, an asbestos water tank from a flat was dumped in the bulk refuse area nearby.
He said a caretaker was told to move it by his manager but fearing for his health, he refused.
The following month, an asbestos tank was left in the bin room of Desborough House for at least seven weeks, despite a caretaker having informed his manager.
"I'm angry about it," said the man, who did not want to be named. "I'm sure there are people in the estate who have children and are worried too."
In June there were two further incidents. A smashed asbestos tank was found in a communal dustbin outside Churchward and Fairburn House.
Days later, a tank was dragged from a flat in Fairburn House leaving a clear trail across the road to Ivatt Place, where it was dumped inside the building.
Fairburn House resident Charlie Treloggan, 84, said he thinks that more should be done to warn people.
"I think it's a disgrace," said the ex-mayor of Hammersmith and Fulham.
"Leaseholders should tell their tenants, or they might start breaking up the water tanks and end up with asbestosis."
A H&F Homes spokesman said: "We are aware there is asbestos present in Desborough House, as there is in almost every building in the country built around the same time, and it poses no danger to residents unless it is in an exposed condition or disturbed.
"We have a robust asbestos management plan in place and carry out regular inspections of the communal areas."