FOUR fire engines and twenty firefighters were needed after an accidental electrical fire in Northolt yesterday.
Around half of the first floor of semi-detached house in Langtry Road was damaged by fire which broke out shortly after 5pm. No-one has been reported injured so far.
Watch manager Barry Kent, one of the Brigade’s fire investigators who was called to the scene, said: “This was an accidental electrical fire. It was caused by overloaded plug sockets from several sets of fairy lights that were decorating the front of the house.
"I can’t stress enough how important it is not to overload plug sockets – as you can see from this fire, the results can be devastating.”
Fire crews had the blaze under control by 6.35pm. Firefighters from Heathrow, Hayes, Hillingdon and Northolt fire stations were at the scene.