The mother of Bedfont woman Elouise Littlewood, who was poisoned by carbon monoxide in her new-build flat, attended the launch of a competition designed to prevent similar tragedies last week.
Elouise died in February last year, two months after moving into a shared-ownership flat in the Bedfont Lakes development.
The 26-year-old's home had been flooded with the deadly gas carbon monoxide (CO) by a faulty boiler.
Elouise's mum, Sally-Anne, of Little Park Drive, Feltham, was at the House of Commons for the launch of the Carbon Monoxide Safety Schools Poster Competition 2008/9.
She also saw the winners of last year's contest, designed to raise awareness of the silent killer, receive their awards.
Joining her was Feltham & Heston MP Alan Keen, the CO-Gas Safety Charity's Labour friend.
He said: "This charity, run almost entirely by volunteers, has worked hard for 14 years to raise awareness of the dangers and instead of just lobbying the fuel industry has got this schools poster competition up and running in order to raise awareness.
"I am very pleased to be the Labour MP friend of this charity, because after the tragedy that occurred in my constituency last year, I believe this is a vital issue that needs to be highlighted."
In October, following a lengthy investigation, the Health and Safety Executive issued a safety alert to developers highlighting the 'potential poisoning risk' caused by building gas flues into areas where they can not be checked.
No one has so far been found responsible for the failings at Elouise's flat, which also left her 32-year-old flatmate, Simon Kilby, in a permanent non-responsive state.
To learn more about the dangers of carbon monoxide, and details of the poster competition, visit: www.co-gassafety.co.uk