The Ealing Gazette and Thames Valley University have launched the sixth Pride in our People awards and need your help to find the most deserving people in our community.
With your help the popular campaign aims to recognise the unsung heroes and heroines of West London where up to £1,000 can be won.
We are asking readers to nominate people from all walks of life who live or work in West London, who achieve outstanding goals, devote their time to helping others or have won acclaim in the business world.
There are five categories with the winner of each winning £500 and the overall winner, the Star of West London, another £500. Judges will choose three finalists in each category, with the winners being revealed at a glittering gala dinner at the Ramada Jarvis Hotel, Ealing Common on June 11. The prizes and trophies will be presented by a celebrity guest.
During the coming weeks the Ealing Gazette will be publishing stories and pictures about the nominees and nominators so send in your entry form or send us your nominee here as soon as possible. Don't forget to include a contact phone number for your nominee.
The closing date for entries is April 24.
THIS YEAR'S CATEGORIES AND TOP AWARD
* COMMUNITY CHAMPION - this can be anyone who has made a contribition to their local community, making a real difference to a group or individual. It could be fund-raising for a local cause, running a self-help group or campaigning to improve the environment or keep a vital service going.
* MY HERO - this can be anything from doing something outstanding such as taking on a mugger to helping out a sick neighbour by doing the shopping or gardening. What might seem a small effort to you can be life-changing to someone in need.
* YOUNG PEOPLE - this can by anyone from a pupil to a young individual or group of young people who have made an outstanding personal achievement against the odds, such as a physical or mental disability, to working together to help less able members of the community. It can range from mentoring to charity work.
* KEY WORKER - this can be anyone involved in key jobs such as the health or fire service who go beyond the call of duty to help people in their care. It could be people who get involved in voluntary work or extend their role in the community such as a cancer nurse running a support group.
* BUSINESS - this could be any business, large or small, that provides superb service or an innovative product that helps the community such as equipment for the disabled. It could be the manager or owner who goes that extra mile for his customers or who is involved in the community.
* STAR OF WEST LONDON - this will be the overall winner of Pride in our People, the person who has outshone all the rest and really made an amazing contribution in the West London community.