A wine drinker had a lucky escape when she spotted the neck of a bottle had sheared off, leaving a dangerously sharp edge which could have sliced her hand open.
Shirley Kruck, of Mandeville Road, Northolt, wants to warn other people of the threat from the faulty bottles.
Mrs Kruck bought her Kumala rosé from Sainsbury's in Ruislip, but the incident echoes a similar design fault which left an Ealing man needing hospital treatment.
Peter Anderson won a £10,000 payout from the Windmill Supermarket in Ealing earlier this month after the neck of a bottle of Rocco Piresca red wine he bought from them came off in his hand.
Mrs Kruck, 61, who narrowly avoided serious injury, said: "The same thing could have happened to me. My husband had unscrewed the cork to the point that I could pull it out and I had grabbed hold of the corkscrew when I noticed the slivers of glass on the table cloth.
" The neck had just sheared off, it was so dangerous."
A Kumala spokeswoman said: "We're sorry to hear of the incident. As our stock is predominately screwcap, it is extremely rare for a neck breakage to occur. We have no record of a similar incident with a Kumala wine bottle.
"If the incident had been reported to us direct-ly when it occurred we would have made every effort to retrieve the bottle in question and carry out a detailed analysis to determine the problem. If Shirley would like to report this incident and discuss it further we would be keen to hear from her."
Sainbury's declined to comment.