ANGRY residents have piled on the agony for the beleaguered developers behind Hounslow's much-trumpeted town centre redevelopment.
Blenheim Norwest, already dumped by town hall chiefs, last week received a fresh vote of no confidence from householders surrounding the scheme.
Hounslow Central Residents' Association voted almost unanimously against the latest plans for the site, just north of Hounslow High Street, at a meeting last Friday.
Trevor Timpson, speaking for the group, said: We don't want unnecessary delays but we don't want to rush ahead with something that's not right for Hounslow."
Members called for any future development to include more trees, a greater percentage of family homes and a swimming pool, among other features.
They also insisted that homes in Holloway Street, which have been blighted by the plans for the last decade, should be renovated as soon as possible to put an end to householders' misery.
The first phase of the Blenheim Centre has already proved unpopular with many residents, who claim the building overshadows their homes and invades their privacy.
Christine Quick, of Ellington Road, Hounslow, said: "Phase 1 has been a disaster and we don't want something even more horrific from the same developers."
But former council leader John Connelly warned that development could grind to a halt for several years, causing more misery for surrounding residents, if the council had to start from scratch.
Hounslow Council's executive sensationally severed ties with Blenheim in November after losing patience with the builder.
Its decision came just weeks after Blenheim finally submitted plans for the £165million second phase of the on-going development, having missed four deadlines.
However, project director Ray Daniel wants to press ahead with the scheme, which includes an 18-storey tower block and 32 new shops, and is awaiting a decision on the planning application.